LIFE - A DOSSIER OF LESSONS

Why did that happen only to me? Why was I born from these parents? Why me in this country? Why me this and why me that?
If you have ever asked yourself such questions, you are not alone. I once did. The good news is that there is a purpose for your situation. It is because you have a unique story. Your story is fantastic because it could be a lesson to others. Or it could be many lessons to many different people. To some, your story could mean an inspiration, a message for habits, a lifestyle, or an upbringing to embrace or avoid.
Regardless of where we are born, these lessons abound. It is folly, therefore, to look down at your life, ancestors, village, country, gender, or family and think you could have been better if you were born differently. That life could have been fairer if it took you away from where you are.
If you find yourself in a tight situation that makes you think you could have been better if your circumstances at birth were different, know you are not working on improving things. You could be the problem.
Remember, heroes were not born heroes but became so because they overcame certain circumstances. Famous and popular people had done things that others feared to do. Every successful person you hear about or see had their behind-the-scenes tears or complications to undo. Their stories contain lessons of struggles, resilience, patience, and determination. We have many rugs to riches, overcomers of opposition and ridiculous experiences worldwide.
No matter where you want to look. You will find distinctive narrations, from palaces to shacks and Hollywood to theatre clubs.
What am I trying to say, then?
Never be ashamed of your life story. It may help someone get up and start working. It might unwrap someone’s potential to conquer the world and serve millions. It could awaken the giant in generosity and uplift the vulnerable across continents.
This post is for my fellow Unga friends and youths. Fear nothing. Cherish your history. Be proud of your story.
You have individuals from that same village with PhDs; many have university degrees and college certificates. The only thing you do not have is their personal stories to motivate you to soar high. Their lives are very private.
I have been looking for biographies of some of the most successful people from Lunga. I am still looking for them. I may need to search more! I started asking myself whether it was good to talk about yourself publicly. I asked a few people this same question many times. Answers vary. Some say it is acceptable and commendable. Others say you must keep your life under lock and key to avoid exposing and disgracing yourself.
I decided to share a slice of my life in Swampy Tales.


This publication is a result of my conviction that every life is a lesson. What is your take?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CAN WE ISOLATE OUR LAND FROM OUR NATURE?

JOHN KANGULU MACHELETA- MUWELE'S HERO

WHO ARE WE? BANGWEULU OR CHAMBESHI SWAMPERS

ONE SWAMPY DAY IN APRIL