REVIEWING THE YEAR 2022

How should I summarize 2022 in a single word?

Challenging.

I silently had to cope with failures and console myself with some successes while I received some undeserved blessings.

Among my significant failures was the inactivity in the association I hold dearly, The Lunga Development Association. Just imagine you are the chief executive officer of a supposedly community-led developmental organization that turns into a political battlefield by members who call themselves brothers. You question your leadership skills to hold the team together. Members poke every developmental proposal with criticisms of all hues as they pull in different directions. We had to put up with those within us who, naturally, viewed us with suspicion and whose goal was to see us get nowhere in our plans. We had many who pretended to support the dream while they believed not in our aspirations. This resulted in the group remaining but a chat platform where we posted motivational and religious quotes that meant nothing to many.

Our effort to affiliate with the National Chapter is crushed and still hangs in futility as those with the power to receive others have yet to respond to the application despite numerous reminders. Zambian custom at work.

Despite all these challenges, a few members kept working in the background to keep the association afloat. However, realizing how selfish human beings can be is very frustrating.

My other sorry failure was the stagnation in my blogging activities in the last half of the year. I became so busy with other important work that it cost my blog dearly. I wish to pay up for the inconsistency and get it back on its feet in 2023. The only consolation is that I got more to share in the upcoming posts because of my recent visits to the swamps.

 

My friends and followers may have noticed my reduced activity in social media engagements. This was on purpose. I learned valuable lessons from many social media trolls.

However, I list a few successes at a personal level. I had enjoyable and highly successful GIZ’s Fish for Food Security radio shows in Luapula. Many thanks to the incredible technical team at the Fish for Food Security in Zambia Project and all my six Assistants for making my work easier. Kudos to Radios Yangeni, Bangwela, Lukwanga, Luapula and K-FM, whose services made it possible for the people of Luapula to update their fish farming knowledge. I salute all radio managers for their professionalism and understanding.

 I toured the province and interacted with many farmers and professionals in different fields. In addition, being part of a farmer-training radio presenter was a fantastic experience. I also did a few songs (Change Drivers), and some are pretty popular in Luapula, regardless of my terrible voice!

After a long time, I visited my home village, witnessing the bats roosting in Nsamba. Thanks to Helen and Dan for considering me as their tour guide for their research work. I also led a Luapula-based GIZ team that wanted to see the swamps I fondly exalt. Speaking of my swampy visits, I would be grossly irresponsible if I failed to mention the hospitality I received from the two chiefs, Bwalya Mponda and Nsamba and their representatives. Bamaayo Bana Nsamba and the family. You reminded me of the days of my parents when you felt so welcome among their kin. May God bless you all and make the work of your hands flourish abundantly.

My audiobooks were accepted and aired on Radios Bangwela, Yangeni and Mpika, with many listeners asking for hard copies of the books. This encouraged me to do another community outreach-based book, Utuuntu Mu Makwebo, which I will release at the end of January 2023. 

Utuuntu Mu Makwebo 

I had the joy of seeing my two boys complete their degree programs from Copperbelt University and my lovely little girl enrol in the same school. What a blessing!

What would be a better blessing than adding to your family tree two grandchildren? Growing graciously.

Whatever the outcome, I had my year plans tugged carefully under my thoughts and executed faithfully. I hope to see 2023 add to these valuable experiences.

God will see us through!

Sharp!

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CAN WE ISOLATE OUR LAND FROM OUR NATURE?

JOHN KANGULU MACHELETA- MUWELE'S HERO

WHO ARE WE? BANGWEULU OR CHAMBESHI SWAMPERS

ONE SWAMPY DAY IN APRIL